Incident response analyst job, Manhattan, $130,000
- Job Type:
- Information/Cyber Security Jobs
- Ref #:
- Post Date:
- 03-05-2018 09:14 AM
Who we’re looking for:
Are you passionate about investigating attacks, data breaches, economic espionage and targeted intrusions? Join the IR team for one of our major banking clients, responsible for the development and delivery of incident response and threat hunting.
Incident Response Analyst – Manhattan
In this position, you will monitor, log and manage security events supporting the bank’s incident response and forensics. If you have exceptional analytical skills with a keen eye for detail, troubleshooting and work well in a fast-paced environment, this immediate opportunity might be a fit!
What you will be doing…
- Manage Threat Intelligence Processing, including maintaining the threat library and analyzing threats identified by sources such as Financial Services Information Sharing & Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and other resources
- Monitor, analyze and investigate security events following the incident response process; perform forensic investigations as needed.
- Support the Secure Development Life Cycle process by detecting critical threats in early stages and escalating to management as needed
- Participate in incident response tabletop exercises (internal and external) to identify gaps, strengthen defenses and increase response time
- Install, maintain and administer various information security tools
- Participates in IT Security product evaluations and implementations; collect data and generate metrics reports
- Respond to security alerts reported by outside providers (i.e. FIS) during off-peak hours
- Keep abreast of the Information Security industry including new threats, mitigations, tools and trends; inform management accordingly. Attend training as needed.
What you will need…
- Minimum 3 years hands on experience in an Information Security role within a technical environment; to include at least 2 years’ experience with cyber security forensics required
- Knowledge of Threat Intelligence and related processing protocols (i.e. STIX, TAXII) preferred
- Knowledge of forensic tools (i.e. Guidance Encase, LogRhythm) a plus